Saturday, August 4, 2012

Clarifications

Hello all.
I just talked with one of my readers a couple days ago, and he asked a very good question about one of my earlier posts. "So, does submitting to the government mean that I must also agree with what it is doing?"
Quick answer: No. Not at all.
If we look at the lives of the Apostles, we find them continually at odds with the ideas of the Roman Government. They refused to worship the Emperor, and they oftentimes preached the Gospel even when the authorities told them not to.
The idea of submitting to government means:
1) You obey all their laws which are not against what God commands you,
2) You give those in authority the honor and respect they deserve as agents of God,
3) You never, ever take up arms to overthrow them.

As Peter and the Apostles said, when the government tells us to do something against what God commands, "We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)


I will post more this week, and I believe I shall move on to a different topic.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment