Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Next Generation




"And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the Lord hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.
And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed."
(Deuteronomy 31:7-8)



Greetings and blessings to all of you. 
I find it difficult to decide what I should say as I embark upon what I pray shall be a long-term part of my service to God. Please bear with me.

The name of this blog is The Leaders of Tomorrow. When I first made this blog, I was thinking about making this a political blog (hence the site itself is next generation leaders of America). However, as God has been working in my heart and mind, I feel that it would be a waste of my time to devote a blog to the next generation of leaders of the Kingdom of Man. Whether I like it or not, America is a godless nation made up of a lost people and you cannot expect that it will become a model of Godly government on Earth. Therefore, spending all my time solely exhorting the next generation of political leaders to change this country into a Godly government would be in vain. Besides, there are other things of which I must speak. 


With this in mind, I have broadened my horizon to speak to the next generation of Christian leaders in these four basic areas: the Family, the Church, the Commonwealth, and the Business realm. I aim to use this blog to encourage, exhort, and influence these leaders to follow the Way of Righteousness.


_____________________________________________________________________





My generation of men and women have been taken by the lure of laziness. They are taught to spurn authority and responsibility, and spend all their time partying. They treat their elders as fools, thinking that they are the smartest generation that has ever walked the face of Earth. They believe that laws are obstacles to freedom, and they flaunt their lawlessness as a prince would flaunt his great riches. Nothing has been required of them, and so they give nothing in return. Overall, my generation is but a bunch of "sheeple", ripe for tyranny. If it is up to them to save this world, we all are doomed to complete destruction.

Thank God that it is not up to them.

The fate of the world is in the hands of God alone, not man. However, God has chosen to work through leaders to bring much of His plan to pass. 
As Christian leaders, we bear a great responsibility to God. We are called to follow and obey Him, leading those whom He places under us to do the same. If we lead people astray, the Bible says it would be better if a millstone were placed around our necks and then drowned in the ocean.

Godly leaders are as much a rarity in my generation as pink elephants. There is a desperate need for Elders in the Church, Fathers and Mothers in the Family, Rulers in the Commonwealth, and even businessmen. Seeing this, we must prepare ourselves for our roles as leaders. Our fathers and grandfathers will soon pass into the next life, and we must be ready to carry on their leadership. If we do not prepare now, it will be too late.

This is a difficult task for us, but God has promised to strengthen us. He will always be with us, and will never fail. Let us move forward in our preparation, so that when the time comes, we may be able to take up the yoke of Godly leadership and move God's People forward.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the Beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
Kingdom without end.
Amen.



1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree with what you have said indeed. Men have serves pleasure over what is beneficial and will reap the consequences, but natural man can only do what is according to his flesh, no matter how destructive. Christians need to be testimony to the world.

    ReplyDelete